Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Welcome to der Family : der Pacemakers #20 (PM20)

“Where there is a will, there is a way!” - Thomas Edison

Thanks God. Praise the Lord!

Dear all PM friends,

Firstly, it was my pleasure to thank our Captain Ronnie for inviting me to join Der Pia team of
Pacemakers family together with Shu Wei and Cheon Keong. Thank you once again!


Short introduction about myself, I’m Ken Lam from Cheras and started my running journey toward the
end of 2009 where I suffer the most during the Mizuno Wave run. It was all the way hilly route up and
down. There are 2 main reasons to take up the running during that time, very first thing is to reduce my
weight (around 77kg) and second is to collect different kind of medal. After working and retired as Navy
reservist for long long time with less exercise and no proper diet, I was caught with fatty liver then (from
June 2009 medical report). From that time onwards, I was determined and struggled to shave off my
weight by jogging around my neighborhood every day until the first race.

I remembered my virgin half and full marathon was in the following year on 2010, the Putrajaya Night
Run where I took two and half hours for half marathon; and Energizer Night race which I took about five
and half hours for full marathon. Looking at the time and my face, you will know that I’m half dead and
fully exhausted. The preparation for the both run was simple and straight forward that time, just run the
weekly mileage between 40km to 50km and that it.


















In the year of 2010, where I have completed my virgin half and full marathon, I’m confident to do my full
medical checkup again, surprisingly in the report all the common diseases such as fatty liver and high
cholesterol completed wiped out from my body. Since then, I never look back and continued building my
confidence in running more races and of course collecting more races medal. To date, I have completed
10 full marathons. Not to forget, swimming and cycling also part of my training plan.

























Lastly, I’m looking forward to enjoy my running and training with Der Pia family together in many times
to come!

So in short, Where there is a will, there is a way!

Best Wishes

Ken Lam :)
Brought 2u by,
Ken Lam @ PM20
Ken Lam Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/ken.lam.18007218

No comments: